EVALUATION OF THE REMEDIAL EDUCATION PROGRAM- DELHI PROJECT - 2019-20
We have developed a concept of “Remedial Classes” to help students who are due to many facts, lagging behind in their studies. In Remedial Classes, they are being taught subjects according to their need by following the respective school curriculum. The homogeneity among students is being traced and they are treated accordingly. Remedial teacher majorly focuses on activity-based learning and teaching through practical experiences which is easy to grasp and familiar to students.
The remedial education supports students to strengthen their basic knowledge in different subjects, master the learning methods, build their confidence, and enhance the effectiveness of learning. Through conducting an evaluation we wanted to assess the change we expected to produce in their attitude and mindset towards education by doing a comparative study between remedial students and non-remedial students.
PURPOSE OF THE EVALUATION :
- To assess the effectiveness of Remedial classes by analyzing improvement in academic performance of enrolled sponsored students.
- To assess the change in the social conduct of sponsored students who are enrolled in remedial classes concerning students who are sponsored but not enrolled in Remedial classes.
- To highlight the attitudinal changes surfaced among mothers and the community as a whole after the intervention
During our discussion mothers shared that they have observed positive changes and they appreciate the remedial educator for her ability to build caring relationships with students. Mothers acknowledged that the additional educational support is economically feasible and they are very satisfied with the quality education imparted in the remedial center. Private tuitions charge a high amount and some are far away from their home. The majority of respondents felt that remedial education is positively impacting the child’s education, by strengthening weak subjects, helping them write their own letters and classes are providing means of recreation.
The monthly attendance average of the student coming to the remedial classes shows their consistency and continuity. The students enjoy coming to the remedial center. The students and mothers are both secured in the remedial center’s learning environment where they feel more encouraged to ask questions and can learn through different interactive activities like- audiovisual classes and have access to the community-based library.
The mothers are more aware of their child’s education and prioritize higher education, the higher awareness is also intertwined with greater involvement with their children. The majority of our respondent mothers were illiterate, the remedial education helped them a lot to review the performance of their children and understand the importance of education which helped them support their children more.
Program Evaluation: Fathers’ Participation in CFCA Program- CFCA HYDERBAD
Hyderabad project intended to encourage participation of Fathers of the sponsored members in the CFCA program. An evaluation was conducted to know and understand the level of participation of Fathers in the program. Hence, we organized focused group discussions with three categories of people; they are:
1. Fathers of the sponsored children
2. Mothers of the sponsored children and
3. Zonal staff.
The Following are the outputs of the focussed group discussions with the above-mentioned stakeholders. On being asked what they want to achieve by their participation in CFCA program. They responded in the following way.
- “We want to be more financially stable, hence please start a saving groups for father too.
- Organize Hyderabad Project’s Events for sponsored members/families
- We want to contribute to the family’s income continuously.
- By participating in CFCA programs Father want to play an important parenting role
- Skill Training Programs for fathers would help us to earn money and bring in financial stability
- Install Help desk at zones for fathers to provide necessary information regarding various matters pertaining to improvement of knowledge and skill development
- Organize for awareness programs on topics such as hazards of Alcohol addiction, Domestic violence, Gender equality, Interpersonal skills etc.to bring in attitudinal changes that lead to peaceful and harmonious family life.
The document “Theories of change has been presented to the Project Coordinator. Project’s decision to implement the activities depends on the priority and feasibility of implementation.
Evaluation Program- CFCA TRICHY
Two Project Level evaluations “Problems encountered by the vulnerable Children” & “The status of domestic workers” were carried out by the Trichy project for the year 2019-2020.
Zonal Evaluation:All the zones have carried out the zonal level evaluation for the year 2019-2020 and those studies were really prolific. The findings of the evaluations enabled the project team to take necessary steps to continuous improvement in the program activities.The topics of zonal evaluations are listed below:
Outcomes of Domestic workers program.
Outcomes of Youth partcipation in CFCA.
Impact of Children club activities.
Awareness of CFCA programs among the beneficiary members who are more than five years in the Sponsorship Program in ZTSC.
Impact of Income Generative Activity in Unbound Beneficiary Families.
Evaluation on how the CFCA program supports new beneficiary families in ZDI.
Outcomes of Fund Utilization towards child’s education.
Evaluation on Health intervention of Aging in CFCA